Open Doors is an international, interdenominational organization that supports Christians who are persecuted for their faith. Open Doors International supports the worldwide organization with services such as IT, Finance and HR by working in a service-oriented way with teams and colleagues in countries with an Open Doors Development or Field office.
We are looking for a strategic and service-and result oriented:
Chief Financial Officer
As the Board, CEO and Executive Team look ahead, we see the mandate to mature significantly as an effective global and growing ministry. We operate in many currencies and across many accounting, compliance and legal jurisdictions, with a desire for high levels of accountability and stewardship. We are conscious that we need to continue developing our business model to best steward income and maximise impact during times of organisational growth and rapid evolution in the 60+ country contexts and 17 development offices where we operate.
We expect the CFO of Open Doors International to:
- Be an experienced CFO with a strong track record of operating in international organisational structures, with exposure to different cultures, developing markets, complex treasury and money transfer functions, and high-risk environments.
- Have experience of leading strategy formation, team supervision and timely delivery in a complex network or matrix style structures.
- Enjoy and have a matured gift of forward-planning, helping the Board, Executive Leadership Team and colleagues benefit from transparent budget plans even in a dynamic missional context that will demand agility.
- Employ wise risk assessment in a context of faith, so that Open Doors can, with effectiveness and great sophistication, deliver its ministry in very challenging and at times prohibitive environments.
- Bring a collegiate and servant-hearted leadership gifting, including the ability to lead through influence and build consensus amongst divergent senior stakeholders; inspire trust; and take a highly relational and capacity-building approach with their colleagues.
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and able to deliver insights with data; effective with a range of audiences from local staff to Board level.
- Exhibit grace, to patiently but persistently mature a complex organisation moving through significant phases of growth.
This is a full-time, salaried position, ideally based at the Open Doors International office at Harderwijk, Netherlands. Working at Open Doors means that you are actively involved in the worldwide Persecuted Church. We offer you a versatile position in an international environment, a professional team and the opportunity to show your added value.
Qualified and interested?
Please find the full role description and details of how to apply at